Worcestershire sauce (pronounced /ˈwʊstəʃə/) is a widely used fermented liquid condiment first made at 68 Broad Street, Worcester by Messrs Lea & Perrins at some point in the 1830s.
It was made commercially in 1837, and remains the only Worcestershire Sauce still to be made in the UK.
In 1930 the business was sold to HP Foods and was subsequently acquired by the H.J. Heinz Company when they acquired that business from Groupe Danone in 2005.
The product is made and bottled in the Midlands Road factory in Worcester, which has been the home of Lea & Perrins since 16th October 1897.