Beef StewServes 4
1 lb. shin beef
1 oz. scallion = See ingredient with photo
1/2 oz. crushed ginger = See ingredient with photo
1 petal star anise = See ingredient with photo
1 1/2 cinnamon stick = See ingredient with photo
2 tbsps rice wine = See ingredient with photo
3 tbsps dark soy sauce = See ingredient with photo
1 oz. crystal sugar
Salt to taste
2 tsps. Sesame oil = See ingredient with photo
1. Cut the beef into 1-inch cubes and dip into boiling water for about 15 seconds, the remove and drain.
2. Put the scallions and ginger in the bottom of a casserole and lay the beef on top.
3. Add cinnamon, star anise, rice wine, soy sauce and sugar together with 2 ½ cup water.
4. Cover the casserole with a tight fitting lid. Bring to the boil, then cook on a low heat for 4 hours. There should be very little gravy left when the cooking is finished.
5. Before serving the Beef Stew, adjust the seasoning with salt and sugar and sprinkle with sesame oil.
More chinese food recipes